Sunday, May 29, 2011

Crap

I completed the final revisions.  I read through the story, aloud (easier to catch some awkward passages that way), and determined, considering the imminent deadline, that it was as good as it was going to get.  I reviewed the submission guidelines, formatted the story appropriately, and logged into the site to submit my story.  Before I went forward with the upload, I decided to look under "My Submissions" to see if I had ever sent anything to this journal before (I can never remember these things). 

Oh, well hell.  I had sent this same story in 2005.  My knee-jerk reaction was to just forget about it and move on.  Then I thought, "I'll submit it anyway."  I retracted that thought, and here I am now.  I don't regret the time I spent on the story this month.  I had fun revisiting old work and making it new.  I hope it will provide motivation to craft new pieces. 

In the meantime, I'll take a leap and post a link to the story here.  And while I really want to make excuses or qualifying statements about some choices I made for the story, I won't.  I just...whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment